High Volume, Multi-Runway Remote / Contingency Tower
You are looking to 1) Develop a contingency plan for unforeseen tower closures, or 2) Replace local brick and mortar tower with remote tower technology.
- Adapt remote tower technology to meet the specific needs of a larger airport environment:
- Geographical size
- Traffic complexity
- Integration with Air Traffic Control Officer (ATCO) working position
- Multiple ATCO roles and positions: responsible for different parts of the operation, need to collapse and expand number of positions depending on traffic density
- Supports various concepts of operation (i.e. multiple ATCO roles and positions, role consolidation during off-peak, etc.).
- Integrates with existing CNS/ATM/Airport systems.
- Provides an enhanced OTW view presentation and binocular control replacement (vs. traditional tower).
- Ensures initial and life cycle costs support the business case.
- Meets both unique site and user-specific, operational and functional requirements.
- Minimally impacts existing procedures and ATCO licensing.
- Prioritizes and addresses human factors in order to ensure user adoption.
Our Unique Value:
- Truly scalable system in terms of coverage and display concepts
- Distributed OTW coverage concept: meet & surpass surveillance requirements for any size aerodrome
- Customized RTC design: mix of display concepts including video wall, CWP-centric video displays integrated into consoles
- Ability to expand and collapse user roles (specific to CWP and area of responsibility), based on various modes of operation
- System agnostic architecture with open source integration platform enabling low-cost integration of systems (supporting latest trends of a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA))
- Exiting interfaces using industry standard protocols (ASTERIX, ADEXP, XML, ASCII, METAR/SPECI /BUFR, etc.)
Enhancement to existing surveillance systems:
- Runway Incursion Monitoring and Collision Avoidance System (RIMCAS) augmentation to maximize positive detection & minimize false alarms
- Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance and Control System (A-SMGCS) gap filling
- Approach monitoring
- Real-time push-back notifications
- Customized heads-up display and automation features
Remote Surface Management & Zone Occupancy, Dubai International Airport
Remote Tower Services (RTS), Budapest Airport
Remote Video for Line-of-Sight Issues, London International Airport