System Analyst – Technical Writer
Searidge Technologies is looking to engage a system analyst who specializes in technical writing. As the candidate, you will be expected to read and understand our software in depth, and be able to clearly and effectively describe our software in technical documentation. The candidate will produce technical documentation both for internal use (eg. to facilitate interdepartmental communication, or to document company processes) and for release to clients (eg. User manuals, training materials, etc.). The candidate will work closely with the team of experienced system designers, analysts, project leads and software developers, and should be open to contributing to the systems themselves via design or software development.
- Write a variety of technical documents, including: design documentation; test plans and procedures; technical specifications and research papers; user, operation, installation, and maintenance manuals, and; training manuals, presentations, tests
- Edit, clarify and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Work with, and communicate clearly with software developers and project managers in order to extract concepts and details that need to be documented
- Create, edit, improve and maintain diagrams, screen shots, charts, and graphics used in technical documents
- Maintain a high standard of quality in technical writing
- Work within previously defined document templates, as well as periodically designing updated templates
- Must be thoroughly fluent in the English language, have a commanding grasp of the English language, and be well versed in technical vocabulary and grammar
- Experience writing technical documentation (a portfolio is recommended)
- Must have been formally trained in software engineering, computer programming or computer science
- Experience using multiple documentation tools (eg. Microsoft Office, OpenOffice / LibreOffice) and advanced writing features (eg. Styles, templates, fields, patterns, schemas)
- Experience creating technical diagrams and drawings using diagram tools (eg. Microsoft Visio)
- Organization skills: Excellent time management and scheduling
- Analytical skills to resolve challenges and problems
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
OPTIONAL (NICE TO HAVE)
- Knowledge and experience of Quality Assurance Process (ISO 9001:2015 or similar
- Knowledge in Linux environment
- Bilingual (English / French)
- Computer Programming (Visual Studio, C/C++, Java) experience or similar work experience
Searidge Technologies is a leading technology innovator providing collaborative surface management services and solutions to airports and Air Navigation Service providers (ANSPs) worldwide. Our unique blend of experience in airport operations and Air Traffic Control (ATC) allows us to develop and integrate modern technology solutions that improve the safety and efficiency of airport surface operations.
Leveraging our deep understanding of the market, extensive integration experience, and market-leading intelligent video platforms uniquely positions us to solve our customers’ most pressing surface management challenges such as: remote services, apron management, traffic lighting control, and runway monitoring. Our solutions have been adopted by some of the most technology-advanced airports and ANSPs throughout Europe, the Middle East and North America.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Searidge is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Searidge is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.