Software Developer / System Analyst
Searidge Technologies is a global leader in the Air Traffic Control space, boldly forging new paths, bringing innovative technology, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and augmented reality into operation. We are developing and integrating modern technologies to improve both the safety and efficiency of airport operations around the world. Our solutions have been adopted by some of the most advanced airports and ANSPs throughout North America, Middle East, Europe and Asia.
We live and breathe innovation, and we expect the same of all prospective team members. Our developers are constantly engaged in fast-paced, challenging and highly rewarding work. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our highly-motivated team. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, a respectful and positive work environment, and a competitive benefits package.
Are you looking to be challenged to produce high-performance system components that are robust and intuitive? Are you ready to push the envelope of how software-based tools and solutions are used in a safety-critical environment? Are you prepared to put your skills to the test? …. We want to hear from you.
- Examine and analyze existing applications and quickly come to a deep understanding of the system design
- Identify software defects and design insufficiencies within existing applications and propose and implement improvements
- Effectively and intuitively design new system applications or system features
- Develop new software in multiple languages while strictly adhering to a software development standards guide
- Clearly describe system designs and test procedures in written technical form
- Operate, diagnose, maintain and test existing applications insightfully and thoroughly
- Integrate into and participate with a software development team; learn from the current senior developers and strive to meet and exceed current quality standards
- 2-5 years experience developing real-time C++ applications
- Familiarity with real-time network I/O, database access, thread management, graphics rendering, and/or video processing APIs / technologies
- Familiarity with Internet related applications and protocols (eg. E-mail clients, FTP clients, web browsers, XML, HTML, h264, mp4, SOAP, etc.)
- A general understanding of cybersecurity best practices and modern technologies, and ability to identify and prevent security issues
- Familiarity with software development methodologies
- Some experience with Graphics APIs would be preferred
- Familiarity with source control / version control systems, IDEs (Windows & Linux), debugging tools and methods
- Knowledge and experience of Quality Assurance Process (ISO 9001:2015 or similar) is a plus
- Experience using multiple documentation tools (eg. Microsoft Office, OpenOffice / LibreOffice) and advanced writing features (eg. Styles, templates, fields, patterns, schemas).
- Experience creating technical diagrams and drawings using diagram tools (eg. Microsoft Visio).
- Excellent time management and scheduling skills
- Analytical skills to resolve challenges and problems
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and innovative developer
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken