Jr. System Administrator
No prior work experience is required. This is an entry level position.
- Knowledge in management of Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OS computers.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, and Linux (Ubuntu Server 14.04, 16.04, CentOS 6 / 7).
- Knowledge of web server technologies such as Apache2, Nginx, Node.JS
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and network protocols.
- Ability to use Office suites, such as OpenOffice and Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English (writing, speaking, and reading)
- French is an asset, but not mandatory.
- Scripting in PowerShell, Bash, or Python is highly desired.
- JS, PostgreSQL, and web development is highly desired.
- Docker is highly desired.
- Evolving and managing IT infrastructure
- Developing new tools to assist software developers
- Managing and implementing cyber-security processes in conjunction with the QA team
- Documenting the IT infrastructure and ensuring continuity of business
- Assisting users with IT issues
- Promote continuous improvement by identifying, measuring, and implement new processes / practices / technologies to improve weak areas
- Assist the Projects team in installing and configuring servers and workstations
- Assist other departments as needed
About the Job
We are currently hiring an entry level position for System Administration. The sysadmin will work in a fast pace and highly motivated environment. S/he must have good computer skills, be able to logically troubleshoot issues, be resourceful, and be willing to learn. A perfect fit would include someone who is highly interested in new technologies and is interested in if it can be applied for the betterment of the organization.
As an ISO9001:2015 organization, the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle is applied. The new employee will require to get up to speed with how the organization operates, familiarize themselves with the infrastructure, and work closely with the QA Lead in order to establish a plan for what will need to be implemented, verified, and improved.
The new employee will also work with the QA Lead in order to implement the ISO27001:2014 standard. Since the 9001:2015 and 27001:2014 standards are closely related, it will be an exercise in implementing the security controls and integrating them with the existing Quality Management System.
Finally, the new employee may require to develop new tools to assist the other teams to improve their efficiency. Such tools may be implemented in Node.JS or Python (Django) as a web-based platform is preferred.
Searidge Technologies is a leading technology innovator providing collaborative surface management services and solutions to airports and Air Navigation Service providers (ANSPs) worldwide. Our unique blend of experience in airport operations and Air Traffic Control (ATC) allows us to develop and integrate modern technology solutions that improve the safety and efficiency of airport surface operations.
Leveraging our deep understanding of the market, extensive integration experience, and market-leading intelligent video platforms uniquely positions us to solve our customers’ most pressing surface management challenges such as: remote services, apron management, traffic lighting control, and runway monitoring. Our solutions have been adopted by some of the most technology-advanced airports and ANSPs throughout Europe, the Middle East and North America.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Searidge is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Searidge is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.